Monday, April 10, 2006

Japali....



This was my third visit to Tirupati in last 8 months of stay in Chennai. Well, the motives have not entirely been religious :) I like it on the Tirumala hills; there’s something in the air which enchants me. I have been visiting it from childhood with family. The chanting of ‘Suprabhatam’ stotra, breathtaking views from the hills, huge crowd of pilgrims drawn from all parts of country, the exotic smell of laddus - everything is so special about the place ( Oh, my inclination towards food knows no boundaries J… and hence boundaries of my tummy have also started getting distorted :( )
The visit this time was special though. First of all, I went in for the early morning darshan (Archana Ananthara Darshanam). At 7 AM only, I took the darshan and was back to the room to compensate for the less-than-normal quota of sleep last night. Ah, just got reminded of the beautiful sentence displayed at the ‘Woodside’ – “It’s not the darshan you take; it’s the darshan he gives.” – couldn’t agree more with the author J. ‘Woodside’ is the only restaurant there which serves decent northy food and is near to the temple, so had lunch there.
The best part was the visit to Japali Teertham & Hanuman temple. Was happy to pay Rs. 150 to the Auto-Rickshaw wala old fellow for a 10 km trip & 1 hr waiting while round trip Chennai to Tirupati (by train) costs Rs 96! The Hanuman temple at Japali is one of the least known and most worthy places of visit in Tirumala. After a kilometre's trek into the woods, the darshan of lord Anjaneya is really a memorable experience. There’s a lake in thick of the woods and nothing like just sitting there listening to the chirping of birds and splashing of water. Those are the only sounds you can hear as people rarely visit this place. I was visiting it after exactly 10 years! Mar 96 was the time when I had been there earlier with all of my family. There are now well built steps leading to the place which were not there in 96. I have fond memories of that visit as it was the last trip with the whole family (3 elder sisters, younger brother, Mom and Dad; Quite a big family I’ve got :) ) The sisters then got married one by one and now even coming together twice a year seems to be difficult :( . Aso… the worst part this time was that I had only 30 minutes to spend there as I had a train to catch at 5.20. When I’ll visit next time, I will have whole day to spend and a novel to finish at this place. Trust me, no earthly pleasure (except THE one you-know-what ;-), which I haven’t experienced yet) could possibly match this one :).

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have never visited Tirupati. But after reading your last experince I think I should arrange to visit the place before it looses much of its natural beauty.Why do you leave the readers pondering over so many of the questions marks about something you hope to be personal but dont mind sharing with friends like us?

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more nice post Rams !
Y'day I added "Go Goa" to my "To Visit" list , now I feel like I should visit Tirumala as well - 2nd time around.
Some 22 years back I had visited Tirumala for the 1st time and well the only time till now, now that I don't remember anything about Tirumala it's hightime I should go there.
This place - Japali seems like a must visit one.

10:42 PM  
Blogger FIVE ELEMENTS said...

interesting....As I studied at REC Calicut, my route for Latur to Calicut journey was fixed..catch Mumbai Kanyakumari express from Solapur...There used to be a halt at RENEGUNTA which is very near to TIRUPATI...and all the 4 years of engineering, I always thought may be next time , I will get down at RENEGUNTA and go to TIRUPATI...

it never happened...but definitely I will go there sometime and ur blog has boosted my spirit :)

nice blog.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Work Dude!
Yogendra

3:41 AM  
Blogger Rams said...

Thanks guys :) Yeah...do visit Tirupati, it's really worth.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rams said...

@ Suhas, I din't get exactly whihc part you were referring to. In fact, I've revealed a lot and not left any question marks :)

@ Vids, it's high time. You must visit it now. you would't be remembering anything from that 22 yrs back visit now.

@ Guddu
Thanks dude :) for taking time off your busy schedule and commenting on something so trivial ;-)

9:54 PM  
Blogger pavan kumar said...

Hey Raman, Do you happen to know Amol Palekar (Mech) at IITB? (99-03)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Rams said...

@ Pavan
No dude. I know only one Amol Palekar, Anaahat ka Director :)

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am working in wipro technologies, I am visiting tirupathi every three months with my family since August 2007. Japali is my Favorite place, once you visit you will never feel like coming back. Its the birth place of Lord Hanuman. One more speciality of this temple is the Neem tree which is located in front of the temple has got the shape of Lord Ganesh. Dont forget to observe.Lord hanuman likes Beetal leaves and these holds a place apart from flowers in pooja. It is mentioned in the Epic that the favourite number for Lord Hanuman is 5 and take things in the count of 5 for any pooja into the Hauman's Temple. He likes his devotees praying to Lord Rama. Dont forget to take home the Sinduram which is given in the temple. Jai Hanuman!!! Happy Journey.....
For Further Details refer this website.
http://www.ttdsevaonline.com/

4:16 AM  
Blogger Rams said...

Thanks for the info Vamsikrishna. I visited Tirupari again recently, but unfortunately, could not visit Japali :(

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

50mg mobic Canadian prilosec Discount ilosone World shippind provera 25mg myambutol 10mg mevacor

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home