Thursday, April 06, 2006

iPod Video


Finally, I got my iPod video yesterday. One would never have to explain the meaning of KLPL after going thru' what I had to (Don't go asking for meaning if you don't know it laready ;-)). First of all, I had to wait for almost 1 month (which seemd like a year!) longer than other employees to get the annual gift as I had changed my location recently. So after going through hassles of mailing/calling the most busy persons in the organization (there are a lot of them, everybody in support functions like HR,NSS considers himself to be one), I went to TCO to collect my iPod. Finding the ERT (Employee Relationship Team, ahh...dont go by the words - relationship would be the last thing an employee will think of after meeting the snorty bi!@hes there!) desk was made easy with Bhau's help. The lady there, as if they were cutting the cost of iPod from her salary, started giving me glares. There I was, explaining her that the Pune HR gal had mailed her the day before and I was supposed to collect it today. After running a search in outlook with the gal's name and taking 5 long minutes, she declared victoriously that there was no such mail and she could not give me my gift! How I wish if people had Google Desktop on their systems. It gives the list of what you are looking for even before you finish typing! Okay...ye thoda jyada ho gaya...but fir bhi ;-).
Poor me :( , had to go back to my desk and confirm with the concerned person. So after making sure once again, I went to have a second encounter with the same lady. This time around she was able to find the mail & suddenly the glares turned into apologetic looks :). Then as I was signing on the paper, I could catch her throwing a 'glance of admiration' at my trendy wrist watch. (Thanks to my bro ;-) It's not that I have been target of such 'glances of admiration' very often in past....that too from such snorty bi!@hes! ) I came out truimphant...holding the iPod in my hands & shooting a sarcastical "Thanks" at her.
Of course, it goes without saying ;-), I left office by 3.30 PM shuttle thinking of loading loads of songs and.... well...videos ;-) in my iPod. So I reached home, carefully opened the box & connected it to the PC. It was then that I realized that the piece was faulty and woudn't charge or get listed on iTunes :(. After going throgh all the troublshoting steps on Apple's award winning support site & asking myself a tenth time "Why me of all ??", I'm ready to deal with the same lady a third time in two days for it's replacement. Pray! - may the force be with me ;-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Raman,
I very amusing narration indeed...I hope u keep blogging....

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written post I must say, Keep up the good work ...
Just a suggestion - why not avoid using the b-word here?

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondering who is this anonymous who posted first comment :)
Me mighty inspired by you ,and seriously thinking to resurrect my blog.Am plannig to write a love story featuring some of our friends :)

10:21 PM  
Blogger Rams said...

Dat's kewl :) Khoob masala mil jayega...tu likh dost. But who r gonna be the lead characters?? ;-)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey raman ...realy good stuff put up by u ....makes a very good read, seems u've started keeping up with th times ...blogging is still coming up i India...nice time to start off
do keep it up
Vikram Singh

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THe Lead characters :),well Dost You are going to be my man. and the lady ahem :) ,I wont take the name as of now.
I am going to add the disclaimer at the bottom so you need not be worried man.
THe story line is : A guy is being sent to chennai for 3 months on official visit.and there something happens which changes his life forever.He meets a girl.
well thats all I can divulge as of now.But yeah there is goin to be hell lot of mirch masala :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger Rams said...

@Ssale Appya,
Tuze aur koi nahi mila tha kya? :(

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good - Appya go 4 it man!
We'll get to read a fresh (true ?) story. Why not post it on your new look blog - with relevent pictures and all ?

7:26 AM  
Blogger Rams said...

Hey Vickram, Thanx fro dropping by. Keep visiting :)

Vids,
I wish something like this were true ;-) but sadly it has to be fiction work :(

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FOrget fact or fiction,but its going to be romantic than Yash Chopra could have ever managed :)
actually I was giving it a thought for considerable time.Had many snippets in mind ,now I need fit them all together and bring out the story.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home